When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting nearly 200 member credit unions across British Columbia and Ontario, we’re the backbone of the credit union system in both provinces – taking care of everything from online services and product development, to payment processing, trade association services and more.
Our team of nearly 600 employees represent some of the most innovative, passionate individuals you’ll ever meet; people who honestly care about the organization, its members and each other. In other words, people who love what they do.
The Intermediate Infrastructure Support Technician provides infrastructure incident support, restores system disruptions, and coordinates and completes basic change requests. As the successful candidate, you have a university degree in computer science (or equivalent) and 3 years relevant experience in a IT environment.
The Intermediate Infrastructure Support Technician provides infrastructure incident support, restores system disruptions, and coordinates and completes basic change requests. As the successful candidate, you have a university degree in computer science (or equivalent) and 3 years relevant experience in an IT environment.
You have thorough knowledge and understanding of IT operations and processes and of applicable infrastructure deployments, Linux operating systems, web applications, shell scripting and interpreted development languages. In addition, you also have a thorough knowledge of best practices related to infrastructure configuration and maintenance, system administration and documentation. You possess strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills. You have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with technical teams and other co-workers, work to schedules, and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs.
• Experience in operating and supporting Web Based Applications is required
• Experience in Java Application Servers ( Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty ) is required
• Experience in monitoring / reporting tools ( Cacti, Nagios )
• Experience in using SQL ( MS SQL, MySQL, etc.. ) is required
• Basic understanding of Web Services.
• Deep understanding of Linux/Unix Operating Systems.
• Strong Unix scripting skills with tools such as awk, sed, grep, cut, seq, etc.
• Basic understanding of Problem, Incident and Change Management (ITIL Certification/Training is preferred).
• Basic understanding of network and firewall configuration (CCNA Preferred)
• Experience with Network packet capturing/troubleshooting (tcpdump, wireshark/ethereal) is required.
• Experience in troubleshooting Java applications is a must. (Experience developing in Java is preferred)
• Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure incidents and system disruptions, or when required, manage the escalation of the more complex problems to the senior Platform Specialist
• Monitor health, availability and performance of the system on a daily basis.
• Assist with the rollout of documented changes to the production environment. Monitor, escalate and triage incidents as needed.
• Ensure infrastructure change requests are launched to production and do not generate any foreseeable incidents.
• Train internal staff on an on-going basis as to the latest changes in the environments.
• Perform other duties as required to deliver exceptional service and to support Central 1’s business goals.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote “Intermediate Infrastructure Support Technician” in the subject line.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.