Momentum 2023, Central 1’s annual conference, offers a unique chance to gain profound insights from top industry leaders, engage in interactive breakout sessions and join discussions at thought-provoking panels.
This year’s event is expected to attract more than 350 credit union leaders and financial industry experts in treasury, payments and banking technology. Our session lineup features industry experts showcasing how financial institutions and partners are adapting to meet the dynamic challenges and opportunities within our ecosystem.
Here are some agenda highlights:
- A fireside chat with Senator Colin Deacon about how emerging innovations, such as open banking and digital credentials will help drive competitiveness in the Canadian banking sector and open new opportunities for the credit union system.
- A top-of-mind panel led by Sheila Vokey, President and CEO, Central 1, together with: Brian Harris, President & CEO of Interior Savings, Launi Skinner, CEO, First West and Dennis Alvestad, CEO of Copperfin Credit Union, delving into the future of the system.
- A keynote from Ron Morrow, Executive Director, Supervision at the Bank of Canada with an overview and update about the Bank of Canada’s development of a retail payments supervisory framework.
- A behind-the-headline discussion about today’s cyber threat landscape and what it takes to protect against threats led by Kenny Jamer, Security Architect and Finance Team Lead, Canadian Centre of Cyber Security.
- A big picture discussion led Bryan Yu, Chief Economist, Central 1 and Carol Ann Northcott, Chief Risk Officer, Central 1 about today’s economic forecast, the risks and opportunities.
Don’t miss out the opportunity to be part of this exciting event. Learn more and register now.